I'm going to throw a pity party. But let me preface it with the fact I have lots of things to be happy about. Just to prove my happy point, here are a few of them:
1. Bonie and Rebecca just came over and practiced Subrosa tonight. It was lots of fun. We also played on the radio on Saturday. That was super fun as well. Here's our radio show:
Rebecca in the studio
Bonie in the studio
me and my rock star self
2. Last week I got to go visit my friend Joanna, her daughter Leah and her new baby Violet. It was so fun to see them, and I just about died over how sweet little Violet is. Sofi and Heli can't wait for future playdates and Euro-railing with her!
Leah and Violet
3. My friends Molly and Emily are coming to visit me in about 3 weeks. We get to spend a weekend together, just like old times. Here are a few pictures from old times together in North Carolina and San Francisco - these were taken in 2004 and 2005.
me, Em and Molly in NC 2004

San Francisco in 2005
my Molly and Emily
4. We have the two sweetest little girls. AND, for their birthday, my mom and dad bought the girls high chairs. I know that high chairs don't seem like such a luxury, but after feeding them on booster seats for their entire eating lives, the high chairs seem like thrones!
me and my babies on their birthday last week
5. There's no picture to go with this, but I have the best husband in the world. I guess I'll post the oldest picture of us together I can find in my digital picture archives. Here it is - from February 2003, a few months after we got our first digital camera. We went to Moab for Valentine's Day that year.
Okay, so on to my pity party. Actually, after thinking of all of my happy things, and posting the pictures above, I don't even really feel like a pity party. I guess there'a good lesson for when I feel blue. But I logged on to have one, so I guess I'll go with it. I MISS MY FAMILY!!! I've been really missing them since they left last week. Here's some pictures to go with my pity party. And just to add to my pity party - I really wish we would have taken more pictures while they were here. BOO HOOOOO!
Timo and Dave
Kirsti and the babesEmi reading to her grandbabies
Kirsti getting a cuddle - Sofi style
Too cool for school - Mom, T and me
Oh, and while I'm throwing my pity party, I'll include that we are all sick. Heli and Sofi got their first colds from their birthday party! So sad. We're on the mend, though, so I guess I can end the pity party now. Phew - good thing - this pity party was a lot of work.
7 comments:
I had no idea you were a rock star! Cool. Also, I know what you mean about the high chairs--I had a girlfriend tell me as I registered for my first baby's shower that a high chair was a waste of money. But I got one anyway and I have to disagree with her--they are the best! If only thy came with a mesh basket forming a 3 foot radius around the chair to catch thrown food. Then they'd be perfect.
Wow.. such a happy blast from the past! Um.. how come I never knew that I loved bright green so much? a
Hi Leena . . . I'll come to your pity party! Here's my verbal gift, (becauser my mother taught me to never show up to a gathering empty handed):
You're awesome for posting all of the wonderful things that bring you comfort and happiness in life. That was such a good thing for you! Even though you know what they are, to write them down and share them with all of us was probably good for your soul. But do you know what I've found is true of myself for the past 3 and a half years that I've lived away from my family? Their visits are almost like roller coaster rides . . . before they get here there's so much excitement! There's cleaning, shopping, and planning to do. Then, they're here and time goes by so fast and it's sooo fun. Then, they're gone. And everything is so quiet . . . and calm. And you can actually feel the hole that's left in your life by not having them in your day-to-day life.
I can only imagine that it's even more difficult for you since your sweethearts arrived.
But as I'm sure you've experienced a million times before . . . you'll start to miss them at the same rate you did before your visit, (the, "this is normal and bearable" rate), then you'll make plans for the next visit, and have that to look forward to--and it'll all be worth it, because that's family. : )
Love you--
Lisa
What happened to you is always what I experience when I go to write in a journal during a "pity party" mode. What a great thing to learn to do to change our mood. HOWEVER, I want to join your pity party because we are missing you guys like crazy! Families are the best (especially ours:) ) We love you! Tiff
Wait a minute! I should re-read things before pushing publish. When I said "families are the best....especially ours:)" I meant the whole Rinne clan not our little 4 person unit. When I re-read my comment it sounded totally wrong. ANYWAY, you know what I mean. Sure love you! Tiff
Oh, Tiff - I knew exactly what you meant! And, by the way, your little family of four (soon to be five) IS the best!!! :)
Hi Leena! You have a lot to be grateful for. What a beautiful family. I miss my family too :( I loved the birthday party pictures! The lil ladybugs couldn't be more beautiful. I love that age, it is so fun. Your house looks fab too! I would like to request some before and after photos!!! You guys are amazing.
Love, The Tolmans
Post a Comment