Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My, what a big brain I have!



What's that you say? My brain? Well now that you mention it, I guess that it is quite an attractive brain. Oh, well I don't know if I would say that it's gigantic. But yeah, you're right, extraordinarily large might be the right description. :)

So, I've been stressed out as of late, thinking that there might be a problem with my brain. I started having these strange 'episodes' last month. I wasn't sure what they were so I asked my brilliant older brother, who also happens to be a Neurologist. He said it was likely that they were simple partial seizures. Which could be indicative of a brain tumor, or a brain abnormality, or a brain lesion, or of nothing at all. Ummm...tough choice.

So, after some doctor's visits I was sent to have an MRI done. I got word this morning that my brain is completely normal. So, to all of you who have thought there was something wrong with me all of these years...FACE!

We still aren't sure why I'm having seizures, but they aren't happening very often, and I haven't had one for about 10 days, so maybe it was just because my brain is so big that it couldn't handle itself.

Above all, I'm just so relieved that they won't have to amputate.

7 comments:

Leanne said...

I'm so glad everything went well. It's good you got it checked into just so you don't have to worry! Brain amputation would certainly affect your quality of life. :)

Love the recent cute little girl pics...

Carolynn and Corby said...

After a detailed study of your MRI I have to concur with the doctors, your brain is perfectly normal. That may be the problem, I distinctly remember you having an abnormal brain. But seriously I hope all is well, you will be in my prayers.

Omgirl said...

Yikes! Scary. Let's hope your doctors are right. I mean, it all looks normal to me! Other than, you know, being super huge. Just kidding!

shelly payne said...

Holy Cow! I wish we would have known. Let me know if I can help with the girls when you have Dr visits. Now that I have seen all those gears in your head I understand why you were the one helping me with statistics. Take care, get lots of rest and let us know what we can do.

Molly said...

!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

wow, that is freaky... I didn't know all this! I feel horrible, I haven't talked to you in weeks. I hope your ok.

Parkin Family said...

Woman! That is crazy and scary! Hope the Doctors are right! You should frame that Brain scan by the way!