Thursday, July 23, 2009

My parents

My parents a on their way to visit for the next 6 days. I am so excited I can hardly stand it. I've been feeling all mushy about my parents and thought it would be appropriate to share that with...well, the internets.

I could go on and on and on about how much I adore my parents. I honestly don't think I could ask for better examples of joy, love, passion, sharing, forgiveness, honesty and dedication. The qualities that I most strive for are embodied in my parents. They love to laugh, and know how to laugh at themselves, but never at others. They have taught me to be thankful for all of my blessings, and to strive for greatness. They have given me the best example of a loving partnership in marriage that I could ask for. And besides all of that, they are seriously two of the coolest people I know.


It's been hard to have babies and not have my parents closer. There are so many little things that the girls do that I know my parents would love to see. I've been grateful that we have been able to get together 5 or 6 times a year, despite the fact that they live 1600 miles away. And, I keep scheming of ways to get them to move to Utah...it's not working quite yet.

I love this picture of my dad, before his first triathlon last week. My dad has been running marathons for decades. He has been the inspiration in the family for running, and now we all run, and we all love it. In true form to my father, when he decided to do a triathlon, he went straight to the big guns. Rather than starting with a sprint or Olympic distance, he started with a half-ironman. A 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike ride and a 13.1 mile run. And, he did great! He beat his expected time by 20 minutes.


Well, now my lunch break is over and I'm about to cry thinking about how much I love my parents. Hooray - they'll be here just a few hours!

3 comments:

ELIZA!! said...

yay!! hooray for great parents! i do think that your parents are absolutely gorgeous as well. in every way. i'm so excited, i get mom for A WHOLE MONTH this december! leena, can't you come too?

Omgirl said...

How wonderful that you have such amazing parents you who love, respect, and like to hang out with! And how great that they are visiting. Woohoo!

Kirsti said...

I totally understand what you mean. I feel the same way about my parents :)