Sunday, March 29, 2009

A whole lotta catch up

Well, once again, the blog has evaded time. Things have been exciting, and busy. The most recent excitement is that this week our little monkeys turned two! I know it's sounds cliche - but I can't believe it's been two years!

Of course, I can't resist a reason to throw a party, so we turned the house into a little jungle and had a party, which was so much fun. I was so grateful to have so many of our friends and family here. Thanks everyone!










Singing Happy Birthday:




I love this little video - aren't they so adorable in their birthday suits???


And, as you know from my previous post, Dave and I got to go to Rome together, which was amazing. I ended up working more than I thought I would (it was a work trip for me), but we still got to see some amazing sights and eat wonderful food. A few pictures:










I also had a work trip to Miami - it was hard to be away from the girls again, but Dave took work off and spent the week with the babies. It's so much easier to be away knowing that they are with him. He's an amazing dad. And, I was so lucky because my friend Joanna came to Miami and we got to spend a couple of days together. It was so much fun! We only got one picture while we were together.


And, speaking of girlfriends, I have been feeling really lucky lately to have such great friends. I've been making it a point to spend more time with them. My friend Lisa had a Valentines day dinner, and it was so much fun to spend time with Leigh, Lisa, Katie, Jill, Laura and Courtney. And, Lisa was an amazing host, thinking of every detail. Thanks Lisa!



I've also been hosting dinner once a month at my house for all of the amazing women that I've played music with. I'm not playing in any bands right now, and I'm really missing it. Here are some pictures from the dinners:








Even with all of the busy traveling, hanging out with friends, and jungle parties - being a momma is still the most fun thing that I do. The girls have been as cute as ever.




And, for a limited time only, here is my current favorite video of the girls. As you can tell, the girls love being naked.



8 comments:

Molly said...

Oh my gosh! Look at their little bums! Those girls are cuter than monkeys, I tell ya. (And a lot nicer!)

And I wish I could come to a dinner at your house. Did I just invite myself?

Kirsti said...

wah! I miss you!

Anonymous said...

Oooohhh my grandbabies are the most beautiful animals in the worldwide jungle!!

LU said...

Leena, we had a blast seeing the girls turn two! They're so fantastic! You're a great mama!

ELIZA!! said...

oohhhhh!!!!!! that looks like so much happiness!!! waaahhh! i'm crying with kirsti!

Omgirl said...

Did you make those cakes and cupcakes yourself??? They are so beautiful. I mean, the girls. The cakes are also beautiful, but the girls are gorgeous. And what is it with being naked? Beck is the same way; as soon as his diaper comes off for changing, he runs for the hills like it's the best thing ever! Let's get together. I need the full Rome story! Saturday?

Parkin Family said...

Your girls are so adorable! They are finally getting some hair, I love it!! You sure are a busy mama!

Joanna said...

I made it onto the blog!!!! I'm so so excited! I can't believe how much the girls have grown... and look at that hair!! Curls?!? Beautiful!!