The trip there was a complete nightmare! The first leg of our flight was fairly uneventful. We arrived in Chicago to find that our flight from Chicago to Nashville had been cancelled. Just a small inconvenience, I thought to myself...they'll reschedule us for later that day. Ummm...not so lucky. There had been four days of bad weather in Chicago, and flights were seriously backed up. The soonest they could fly us there was 24 hours later. The idea of spending the night in a Chicago hotel (if we could get one) sans luggage was horrifying to me. So, we decided to rent a car and drive from Chicago to Kentucky, a six and a half hour drive. We arrived at my parents house at 1:30 am, exhausted, but so happy to be there. Here's a picture at about 8:00 pm, after a three hour plane ride, three hours in the airport, an hour at the car rental place, and 2 hours in the car. They were holding up surprisingly well, given the circumstances.
Once we arrived, my parents got right down to the business of spoiling their grandkids. I'd like to clarify that prior to grandbabies, our Christmases were simple, unembellished, perhaps even plain. But this year my parents made multiple trips to the toy store to ensure that there would be plenty of Christmas to be found. We decided to open the Christmas gifts the night after we got there, so that all of the toys could get maximum use. :)


11 comments:
i remember when i got to spend christmas with the rinne family one year. and it still remains one of my favourite holidays of all time.
x i miss you dave and leena!!!!! come to the UK!!!!
Is that hair I'm starting to see?
I love the pix! Leena, your hair looks so cute and I love the girls dresses!
Sophie looks like she got a black eye for Christmas too! Ouch!
Such cute pictures! I'm glad you had a great Christmas. I loved the Christmas card too!
What a horrible trip! I'm glad you made it safely. When Kelly told me you drove to Kentucky, I thought he meant from Utah! From Chicago isn't quite so horrifying, although I'm sure it was no picnic.
You and your family are absolutely beautiful!!! And I think I see some curly hair atop one of your girls' heads! You'll look back at these pictures later and think, Were they really that bald? Daphne got hair late too and we just laugh at how funny she looked then, even though it was totally normal to us at the time.
Thanks for sharing all the pics!
That was such a fun christmas. I wish you were still here! Love you.
I am going nuts over all those cute dresses.
y'all seriously won the genetic lotto!
So cute! I love the girls xmas dresses!
Merry Christmas!
Hey, what a good looking guy in the last photo!
Post a Comment